Only Oakley utilized pure Plutonite® lens material, a proprietary synthetic that exceeds the optical requirements of ANSI Z87.1 standards while inherently blocking 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light. Oakley performance eyewear also takes advantage of patented XYZ Optics®, a breakthrough that maintains precise clarity at all angles of vision and extends the range of optical correction to the periphery of dual-spherical eyewear lenses and single-lens sports shields.
All Oakley sunglasses satisfy ANSI Z80.3 & EN 1836 standards for optical mechanical performance and are in accordance with the EC Directive 89/686/EEC for the I.P.D. of category I corresponding the European Community.
- All Oakley Lenses
- To help maintain the High Definition Optics® (HDO®) of Oakley lenses, your new eyewear comes with a specially-woven electrostatic Microclear™ bag for cleaning and storage. Using it will preserve the superior optical quality of Oakley’s pure Plutonite® lenses. Hand wash and air-dry the Microclear™ bag regularly.
- Iridium® Lenses
- Oakley Iridium® lens coating is engineered to reduce glare and improve contrast. An array of available tints allows the wearer to balance light transmission in any light condition. The 12-micron jacket of Iridium® must be treated with special care to avoid scratching. It is only recommended to use an Oakley Micro Bag or Oakley Lens Cleaning Kit to clean Oakley lens, do not use any other solvents, chemicals or third party cleaning kits because they have not been tested on our lenses and can possibly damage them.
- Do not attempt to remove the lenses or earstems. This is not an interchangeable system. Earsocks are replaceable and are sold separately.
- M Frame® and Rx M Frames
- Earstems and RX implants should not be removed. Earsocks are replaceable and are sold separately.
- Replaceable Earsocks
- T Wire®, E Wire®, A Wire®, Eye Jacket®, Straight Jacket®, Racing Jacket®, Minute®, XX™, Magnesium®, Square Wire®, C Wire®, Teaspoon™, Rx Wires, X METAL®; Earsocks are replaceable and sold separately.
- Oakley Warranty Policy
- All Oakley® eyewear is warranted against breakage due to defects in material or workmanship for one year form the date of purchase. This warranty is valid only with proof of purchase form an Authorized Oakley Dealer. Oakley does not warrant any lens against scratches. Alteration, misuse or above of any
products will void its warranty. The insertion and/or placement of non- lenses into any Oakley eyewear will void the warranty. Legal rights under applicable national law governing the sale of consumer goods are not affected by this warranty directives for optical performance and are in full compliance with the I.P.D. of category 1 for EEC directive 89/686.